Questioning what to do with passionfruit? Flip that candy, fragrant passionfruit pulp and seeds into an incredible smoothie bowl with this simple, gluten-free, vegan Passionfruit Smoothie Bowl recipe, which additionally consists of bananas, oranges, chia and flax seeds, and an assortment of toppings, like coconut, berries, and macadamia nuts. Simply mix up your smoothie, pour it in a bowl, and high it as you would like! This recipe is nice for a wholesome mild breakfast, energy snack, mild lunch, or meal prep for on-the-go consuming. The chia helps thicken the smoothie bowl to create a creamy texture. Search for it in farmers markets and supermarkets, or attempt to develop a plant at residence in your personal provide of this scrumptious fruit.
Passionfruit is a small, spherical, fruit encased in a inexperienced peel, which turns wrinkled and purple when it’s ripe. It grows on a flowering tropical vine in heat climates, together with my residence state of California. Contained in the rind of this fruit you’ll discover gentle juicy orange flesh with darkish seeds. I’ve a vine rising in my yard (see above) that produces dozens of passionfruit annually. The trailing brilliant inexperienced vines are beautiful, and the flowers are showy spectacles of purple and white petals. Are passionfruit wholesome? Sure! They’re filled with nutritional vitamins A and C, in addition to potassium and fiber. How do you eat passionfruit? Simply slice it in half, and scoop out the juice, pulp, and seeds with a spoon. I wish to eat it proper out of the half shell, however you can also scoop that great things into recipes, corresponding to this smoothie bowl.
Flip candy, fragrant passionfruit into an incredible smoothie bowl with this simple, gluten-free, vegan Passionfruit Smoothie bowl recipe, which additionally consists of bananas, oranges, chia and flax seeds, and an assortment of toppings, like coconut, berries, and macadamia nuts.
- 2 cups passionfruit pulp with seeds (the fruit faraway from the shell)*
- 1 small banana, peeled
- 1 small orange, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon floor flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ¼ cup berries (i.e., raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Place passionfruit pulp with seeds in a small blender. Add banana, orange, chia seeds, and flax seeds. Mix simply till clean (about 2 minutes), permitting the black seeds from the passionfruit to stay seen in combination.
- Divide the smoothie evenly into two serving bowls (about 2 ½ cups capability every) and chill till combination will get extra agency (about 30-60 minutes).
- Take away bowls from the fridge and high with shredded coconut, berries, chia seeds, and macadamia nuts.
- Take pleasure in! Makes 2 (about 2 cups every) servings.
*Every passionfruit has about 2 tablespoons fruit, so this recipe will use about 16 ripe ardour fruit. To assemble passionfruit pulp and seeds, slice it in half, scoop out the inside flesh, juice, and seeds with a spoon, and place it in a container. You possibly can freeze passionfruit pulp, seeds, and juice in an hermetic container for as much as 6 months.
Serve your smoothie bowl in clear glass parfait dishes corresponding to these.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Class: Smoothie
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 525
- Sugar: 43 g
- Sodium: 96 mg
- Fats: 17 g
- Saturated Fats: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 91 g
- Fiber: 39 g
- Protein: 12 g
Key phrases: passionfruit juice, passionfruit seeds, passionfruit pulp, passionfruit taste
For different plant-based smoothies, take a look at a few of my favorites:
This publish might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info click on right here.