A brand new appetizer for you! Simply in time on your Thanksgiving festivities. We’ve been having a lot enjoyable arising with scrumptious crostini combos over the previous couple of years and knew we wished to check out a brand new enjoyable one.
Rebecca has been dreaming a couple of parmesan crusted crostini (sure please) and put collectively this magical combo with pear, toasted walnuts, and a drizzle of scorching honey. OMG they’re crunchy, salty, savory, candy, principally the whole lot you can need in an appetizer.
There are just a few simple methods to customise this parmesan pear crostini recipe, plus loads of methods and methods beneath. Serve them up for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New 12 months’s Eve, your birthday, or as a enjoyable snack!
Every thing you’ll must make this parmesan crusted pear crostini
You’re simply 5 (okay, 6 together with salt) elements away from this glorious, simple appetizer! It’s the proper steadiness of candy, salty, and crunchy. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Bread: you’ll begin by slicing up a French baguette into even, 1/2-inch slices.
- Cheese: we’re utilizing grated parmigiano reggiano for a scrumptious salty taste baked proper onto the crostini.
- Pears: sliced pears add a scrumptious sweetness and juiciness to every chunk.
- Walnuts: a sprinkle of walnuts offers the crostini further crunch.
- For topping: I like drizzling the crostini with scorching honey after which sprinkling on some flaky sea salt!
Customise your crostini
Though the elements are tremendous easy as is, there are a few swaps you can also make to suit your style desire!
- Choose your fruit. Be at liberty to make use of sliced apples as a substitute.
- Select the nuts. I believe toasted pecans or almonds can be scrumptious, too. After all, you may omit the nuts for any nut allergic reactions!
- Go gluten free. You possibly can completely use your favourite gluten free baguette or loaf for this recipe.
Can I take advantage of a special cheese?
We’ve solely examined this crostini recipe utilizing parmesan cheese, however we suspect that softer cheeses like cheddar, and many others. gained’t crisp up as nicely. Cheeses just like cheddar are prone to produce extra oil when baked, which might leak a bunch onto your sheet pan and never get tremendous crispy like we would like.
Searching for further savory taste?
Should you’re not feeding vegetarians, you can additionally add a small slice of prosciutto to every crostini earlier than topping with the pear slices!
Make your personal scorching honey
Scorching honey is precisely what it feels like: spicy honey! You should purchase it on the retailer OR you may simply make it at dwelling utilizing honey and a bit of your favourite scorching sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper. You’ll microwave it and drizzle it on these crostini. Take a look at our video tutorial right here!
Don’t neglect to toast the walnuts
Sure, you can add common chopped walnuts, however toasting them makes them further scrumptious. There are two simple methods to do it:
- Stovetop technique: Add your chopped walnuts to a pan and place over medium warmth, stirring sometimes for 2-5 minutes till almonds are barely golden brown. Take away from warmth and permit to chill earlier than including them on prime of the crostini.
- Oven technique: Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Place chopped walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for six to eight minutes till aromatic and golden brown, stirring as soon as midway by baking. Watch fastidiously in order that the nuts don’t burn!
The way to make these parmesan crusted pear crostini
- Prep your pan. Begin by lining a giant baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cheese. Grate the block of parmesan instantly onto the parchment paper in an excellent layer.
- Bake the crostini. Add your baguette slices instantly on prime of the cheese and bake them up till the cheese is sweet and golden.
- Assemble & devour. Rigorously flip your crostini over and prime every with 1-2 slices of pear, toasted walnuts, a drizzle of scorching honey, and a sprinkle of flakey sea salt.
Ideas for creating the parmesan crust
- Make certain your cheese is sprinkled evenly onto the parchment paper so that every crostini will get an equal quantity.
- Go away a bit area between the baguette slices in your baking sheet in order that the cheese and bread bake evenly.
- Be at liberty to make use of the parmesan crusted crostini as the proper vessel for dips or some other toppings your coronary heart need! Get all of my dip recipes right here for inspo.
Storing & reheating
As with all crostini recipes, they’re meant to be eaten the day of in order that they keep good and contemporary. You possibly can retailer the crostini in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days after baking them with the parmesan (and BEFORE topping them), nonetheless, they possible gained’t be as crisp reheated.
Extra appetizers you’ll love
Get all of my scrumptious appetizers right here!
I hope you like this parmesan pear crostini recipe! Should you make it make sure to depart a remark and a score so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Parmesan Crusted Crostini with Pear, Walnuts & Scorching Honey
Easy and scrumptious parmesan crusted crostini with pear, walnuts, and a drizzle of scorching honey. This simple parmesan pear crostini comes collectively in simply 20 minutes for a wonderful appetizer that is excellent for the vacations or fall and winter events!
- 1 French baguette, reduce diagonally into (½ inch) slices
- ¾-1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about 3 ounces grated cheese)
- 2 Bartlett pears, cores eliminated and thinly sliced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Scorching honey, for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling on prime
Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a microplane or the small aspect of a field grater to finely grate Parmigiano Reggiano cheese instantly onto the parchment paper in an excellent layer.
Bake the crostini: Lay the baguette slices instantly on prime of the grated cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes or till the cheese is golden brown.
Prime crostini: As soon as they’re cool sufficient to the touch, flip the bread over and prime each bit with one to 2 slices of pear, just a few items of toasted walnuts, a drizzle of scorching honey, and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt. Serve instantly.
See the total publish for ideas, methods, and methods to customise this crostini!
Serving: 1serving (primarily based on 8)Energy: 241calCarbohydrates: 27.6gProtein: 8gFats: 12.1gSaturated Fats: 2.2gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 8.6g