This Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal for one is a fast and straightforward morning meal! I like how this oatmeal is completely thick and frivolously sweetened with brilliant lemon taste and juicy heat blueberries all through. I noticed this taste mixture urged in a Cooking Mild cookbook (affiliate hyperlink: Cooking That Counts) that listed a bunch of various concepts for jazzing up your morning oatmeal. I like lemon and blueberry collectively so I knew I needed to attempt it! Oatmeal makes an excellent breakfast as a result of it’s so versatile and it retains me feeling full till lunch. This recipe serves one, however you possibly can simply double it or extra for those who’re making it for your loved ones. Every serving of this Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal is simply 210 energy or 5 WW Factors on the present Weight Watchers plan (or 6 WW Factors if following the diabetic WW plan). To view your present WW Factors per tartlet and observe it within the WW app or web site, click on right here!
Recipe Ideas and Notes
- Sweetener: This recipe as written produces oatmeal that’s mildly, however not overly, candy. For those who like your oatmeal sweeter you possibly can undoubtedly add extra lemon curd/sugar or complement with a sugar substitute to maintain the energy/WW Factors down. On days I’m feeling candy I typically squirt in just a little of the Truvia liquid sweetener that is available in just a little squeeze bottle. A little bit of that goes a good distance, so for those who attempt it simply begin with a tiny bit!
- Thickness: I like my oatmeal on the thicker aspect so that is the right consistency for me, however for those who like yours thinner be at liberty to cook dinner it with a bit extra water to skinny it out.
- Oats: I used quaint oats for this as a result of I at all times have them available, however when you’ve got fast oats or metal lower oats, these would work nice as nicely! Simply cook dinner up a serving in accordance with package deal directions after which combine within the further elements as instructed.
- Blueberries: I additionally attempt to purchase jumbo blueberries in the event that they’re out there. They’re reliably agency and candy and for my part they style one of the best when heat and juicy in a recipe like this one.
- Combine-Ins: Be certain to combine the sugar, lemon curd, and blueberries into the oatmeal as quickly because it’s prepared whereas it’s nonetheless heat. This manner the sugar will dissolve simply and the blueberries will get heat and juicy.
- Elective Toppings: I sprinkled just a little lemon zest on high in my pictures for seems and in addition added contemporary lemon taste. This isn’t crucial, however it was a tasty addition! The Cooking Mild cookbook additionally urged including mascarpone cheese and toasted almonds which I’m positive could be scrumptious (however will in fact add further energy/WW Factors). You would additionally select so as to add further berries like blackberries or combine in some Greek yogurt to make it creamier!
Extra Straightforward, Tasty Lightened-Up Breakfast Recipes
In search of extra tasty, lightened up breakfast recipes like this Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal? Take a look at my Peanut Butter and Berry Baked Oatmeal Singles, Spinach Feta Quiche, Carrot Cake Bread, Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll, Pineapple Upside-Down Baked Oatmeal Singles, Feta Tomato Mini Frittatas, Blueberry Bread, Bacon Broccoli Quiche, Final Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole, Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins, Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes, Sausage and Pepper Egg Bake, Chocolate Mocha Baked Oatmeal Singles, and lots of extra within the Breakfast part of my recipe index!
Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal
This Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal is a fast and straightforward morning meal for one!
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup raw quaint oats
- a pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon curd
- ¼ cup blueberries
Pour the water right into a saucepan and produce to a boil. Stir within the oats and salt and cut back the warmth to a simmer. Simmer for five minutes, stirring often. Take away from warmth and instantly stir within the sugar, lemon curd, and blueberries till blended. Serve heat.
*6 WW Factors per serving if following the diabetic WW plan
To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or web site, click on right here!
Diet Data per serving:
210 energy, 40 g carbs, 13 g sugars, 4 g fats, 1 g saturated fats, 5 g protein, 4 g fiber, 7 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
6 per serving (PP calculated utilizing a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the vitamin information beneath)
Evenly tailored from the Cooking That Counts Cookbook (affiliate hyperlink)